Officers Training Academy (OTA) has recently job notification for the post of SSC Tech has been released officially. Applying Candidates read the official notification. Interested candidates can apply before 19 July 2023. The detailed eligibility and application process are given below.
Organization: Officers Training Academy (OTA)
Type of Employment: Central Govt Jobs
No.of Vacancies: 194
Job Location: Chennai
Post Name: Short Service Commission (Tech)
Official Website: www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
Applying Mode: Online
Last Date: 19.07.2023
OTA DETAILS OF VACANCIES 2023:
OTA Invites Applications for the Following Posts
(i) All Other Candidates:
- Candidates must have passed the Engineering Degree course or are in the final year of Engineering Degree course are eligible to apply. Candidates studying in the final year of Engineering degree course should be able to submit proof of passing Engineering Degree Examination alongwith marksheets of all semesters/years by 01 Apr 2024 and produce the Engineering Degree Certificate within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai, Tamil Nadu. Such candidates will be inducted on Additional Bond Basis for recovery of the cost of training at Officers Training Academy (OTA) as notified from time to time as well as stipend and pay & allowances paid, in case they fail to produce the requisite degree certificate or the equivalent from a recognized Board or University.
- Note-1. All Final Year Appearing Candidates Whose Final Years/Final Semester Exam will be Scheduled After 01 APR 2024 are not eligible to apply for this Course. Candidates, who have yet to pass their degree examination, will be eligible only if they are studying in the final year of degree 2 examination. Those candidates, who have yet to qualify in the final year Degree Examination and are allowed to appear for SSB, should note that this is only a special concession given to them. They are required to submit proof of passing Engineering Degree Examination alongwith all marksheets towards the Engineering Degree Examination by the above prescribed date and no request for extending this date will be entertained on the grounds of late conduct of basic qualifying University Examination, delay in declaration of results or any other grounds whatsoever.
- Note-2. For induction to Pre Commission Training Academy, after final selection, the minimum educational qualification is passing BE/B.Tech degree in the Engineering streams notified below at Para 3. To become eligible for induction into SSC(Tech)-62(Men) Course and SSCW(Tech)-33 (Women) Course at Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai, Tamil Nadu, candidates studying in final year of Engineering are required to submit proof of passing Engineering Degree Examination alongwith marksheets of all semesters/years by 01 Apr 2024 to Directorate General of Recruiting and ensure that the cumulative percentage of marks upto final semester/ year is not less than the approved cut off percentage, failing which the candidature will be cancelled.
- Note-3. Final semester/year studying candidates will be provisionally allowed to appear in SSB; subject to following conditions:- (a) Their cumulative percentage of marks upto 6th semester/3rd year of Engineering degree, upto 8th semester/4th year of B. Architecture (B. Arch) and upto 2nd semester/1st year of M.Sc in notified equivalent stream/ discipline is not below the approved cut off percentage in their respective streams. (b) After declaration of final results, the cumulative percentage of marks upto final semester/ year of degree course will also be not less than the approved cut off percentage, failing which the candidature will be cancelled.
- Note-4. Candidates studying in final year/ semester of Engineering degree course should not have any backlog at the time of submission of application. Any candidate if found having backlog will not be allowed to appear in SSB interview and candidature of such candidates will be cancelled.
(ii) Educational Qualification for Widows of Indian Armed Forces Defence Personnel who Died in Harness:
- Candidates must have passed the Graduate, B.E/B. Tech or the equivalent from a recognized Board or University.
Age Limit :
- Minimum Age: 20 years
- Maximum Age: 35 years
OTA Pay Scale Details:
- Lieutenant Level 10 – Rs.56,100 – 1,77,500/-
- Captain Level 10B – Rs.61,300-1,93,900/-
- Major Level 11 – Rs.69,400-2,07,200/-
- Lieutenant Colonel Level – 12A Rs.1,21,200-2,12,400/-
- Colonel Level 13 – Rs.1,30,600-2,15,900/-
- Brigadier Level 13A – Rs.1,39,600-2,17,600/-
- Major General Level 14 – Rs.1,44,200-2,18,200/-
- Lieutenant General HAG Scale Level 15 – Rs.1,82,200-2,24,100/-
- Lieutenant General HAG +Scale Level 16 – Rs.2,05,400-2,24,400/-
- VCOAS/Army Cdr/Lieutenant General (NFSG) Level 17 – Rs.2,25,000/-(fixed)
- COAS Level 18 – Rs.2,50,000/-(fixed)
- Short Listing
- SSB Interview
How to Apply:
- Visit the official website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
- Click on the OTA Notification and refer to all details.
- Fill out the Online Application Form.
- Take A Print Out of Final Submitted Form.
- Applicants are advised in their own interest to submit online applications much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date to avoid the possibility of disconnection/ inability or failure to login to the website on account of heavy load on the website during the closing days.
- Preview and verify the information provided by you. If you want to modify any entry before proceeding further. When you are satisfied that the information is correctly filled and submit the Application.
OTA Important Dates:
- Starting Date of Application: 20.06.2023
- Closing Date of submission Application: 19.07.2023
OTA Important Links: